Recap of Thought Leadership and Deployment Experience Sessions from Strata Data Conference 2019 in San Francisco
Data access control and governance is the unspoken concern underlying every major enterprise analytics and ML/AI initiative.
Themes at Strata Data Conference
- Thought leadership sessions on data governance
- Customer experience sessions on data governance
Thought leadership sessions on data governance
- Overview of Data Governance by Paco Nathan, Co-chair for Strata
- Taking control of your data from Cloudera co-founder Mike Olson
- Big data in the era of heavy worldwide privacy regulations
Overview of Data Governance by Paco Nathan, Co-chair for Strata
- As you can see, data governance is among the top four issues on the minds of the decision makers and it becomes even higher priority as their ML practice matures.
- In his session, Nathan recognized the importance of data governance to drive the success of enterprise data initiatives. His session explored quite a bit about why data gove
rnance may have fallen through the cracks, it did not provide exactly what is required to ensure proper data governance. For that, Okera proposes a white paper to address the six tenets of data governance.
Taking control of your data from Cloudera co-founder Mike Olson
Customer experience sessions on data governance
- The most critical though difficult requirements from regulatory perspective will be tokenization (also known as “pseudonymization), anonymization and data masking.
- “Assume Change” (regulatory compliance, business requirements, new emerging technologies and so on)
- “Producer and Consumer Experience” is key to any solution and “UI is a key to future proofing,” ie, make it easy to use the product so that it’s always sticky.